Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Today had a not so fun start as I realized today is not payday, which I had been looking forward to. I'm not sure why I thought I was getting paid on the 27th instead of the 29th. Oh, well.

On a brighter note, eight days til my birthday, and Mike & I are heading to NC this Sunday. Of course this also means eight days until I am officially on the downward slide to 30. Not sure how I feel about that. Some great presents would probably make me feel better, though.

Another thing that happened today that has been bothering me is dealing with the people in our apartment complex's front office. Our lease is ending at the end of August and we were hoping to get a decent deal for next year, hopefully on a 10-month lease instead of 12 months since we will probably be out of here next summer due to my job situation. Anyway, so we are told that a) they are required to raise our rent by at least $20/month (but probably more) if we re-sign and b) we can't get any sort of special on a 10-month lease, so rent would go up by about $75/month. It would be cheaper for us to start new at a new complex instead of staying here, where we have paid rent on time for two years now. Ugh. So that is what we are dealing with. I wish we could find a house to rent, too, because the pet fees at all the apartment complexes are getting higher every month.

This is a boring post. Also, Mike needs to hurry up and start his blog instead of obsessing over what to name it. :)

No comments: