Friday, September 07, 2007

If my dad wasn't my dad

Since Mike has left his wife home alone tonight & tomorrow while he goes to Nashville to watch Vandy play Alabama, I'm taking the opportunity to watch TV shows that Mike would never watch with me. One of those shows, which I have just recently re-discovered my love for, is Little House on the Prairie. Wow, I love this show.

Charles Ingalls (played brilliantly by Michael Landon) is one of the best TV dads. Ever. Now in the past if you would have asked me, I would have said Andy Taylor (played by Andy Griffith). But Mr. Ingalls has the edge for a few reasons.

1) He lives in the olden days and lives on a farm. My grandfather was a farmer (among many other things) and I just have a real soft spot for farmers.
2) He successfully raised three girls (I'm leaving out Albert because they adopted him later).
3) He always knows the right thing to say or do. Always. Of course so did Andy.

At any rate, if you've never watched Little House, I highly recommend it.

Also, I think Karen Grassle is one of the most beautiful women who was ever on TV.

Oh yeah, once when I was younger, I dressed up as Laura Ingalls Wilder for a book report on Little House on the Prairie. It was awesome. My grandma made me an outfit with one of those funny bonnets and everything.

4 comments:

Hewy Nosleep said...

I have a vague memory of the show. I need to get the 1st season from Netflix and let my girls see it.

Hewy Nosleep said...

Re: Comment

I was surfing around the blogs for other blogs in the bham area and ran across yours.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,
didn't realize Mike was going without you. guess I missed that in our conversation earlier this week. enjoy watching what you like since we know how much of a TV hog Mike is :-) can't wait to see you in October.

Joan

Anonymous said...

LHOTP is one of my favorites and always has been. Even in high school, when I was wearing my punk teeshirts and black lipstick, I'd watch it with my mom.