Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wow, it's been two weeks since I updated. Guess I haven't really had much to say.

Work is starting to pick back up now as we approach soccer & volleyball season. I am working on media guides and trying to coordinate photography and all that good stuff. I really don't want to be busy at work again but oh well... until I win the lottery I guess this is what I must do.

This past weekend I worked the AVP Beach Volleyball Tournament here in Birmingham. It was pretty neat but really HOT. I got sunburned pretty bad on Friday - I guess I sweated off my sunblock and the reapplication didn't work because I was still sweating so much. Gross. But at least I get paid. It was also a good refresher course on volleyball statistics. Now hopefully my first real match of the season won't be a free-for-all where I basically make a lot of stuff up while I get back into the hang of it. Oh, I also got to see Misty May and Kerri Walsh play in the championship match which was cool - they are REALLY good. There were also a ton of other players there that apparently I should know but I don't: Holly McPeak, Casey Jennings, Elaine Youngs, and a ton more. All I really know is that there was a lot of great eye candy that weekend, for guys and girls.

The wedding planning has hit a snag and we keep going back and forth about where to have the ceremony. At first we were all about going to Las Vegas and getting one of the wedding packages at one of the hotels on the strip. Then we started thinking about the Duke Chapel until we found out how freaking expensive it is. Plus the fact that if we have it close to my home, tons of people will come, and we can't really afford a huge reception. So we are at a standstill and don't really know where to go from here. If anybody has any advice or ideas or words of wisdom, please share. We know that, no matter what we choose, someone (or several people) will not be happy, but it's so hard to make a decision that you know will automatically preclude people from being able to attend (for example, my two grandmothers will probably not be able to get on a plane and fly anywhere). Then again, it is OUR day and we should be able to do what we want, but family is important to both of us so we are going to have to make some tough decisions.

No comments: