Friday, June 30, 2006

FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

I haven't gotten anything work-related done at work today. Not a single thing. I was also at lunch for like two hours. Of course we were saying goodbye to a co-worker so my boss was there which took some of the fun out of it but it was still cool. The co-worker who is leaving makes me very sad because she is such a cool person and has been sort of an inspiration for me as a fellow female in an athletic administration career, and I don't like seeing her go. She is also one of the few non-conservatives around here who I could always count on to speak up with many of the same viewpoints that I hold.

I also found out that my supervisor may be leaving the field of sports information and doing pharmaceutical sales. Can't say that I blame him, I've been waffling about this issue for the past few weeks, ever since we found out we're dropping down to Division III. On one hand, this job is great because office hours aren't strict since we work so many nights and weekends, I get a lot of free meals at games and when I travel with the teams, and it's pretty fun. On the other hand, the pay is crap and there are a lot of nights, weekends, and travel involved. I don't have a family yet but I don't see myself looking forward to working all these sporting events when, in the future, I've got a kid (or kids) at home. Maybe I'll go back to school but I don't know what career I would want to pursue. The easy choice (as far as decisions go) seems to be teaching but after living with Mike this past year, and living with teachers in my immediate family growing up, I'm not sure it's for me. I'm sure that I could do a decent job of it, but I don't know if I'd be any happier doing that than what I am doing now. I also (fleetingly) thought of nursing school but it seems like a HUGE commitment and something that would be really hard to do while still holding down some other sort of job. Other than that I'm open to suggestions. Oh yeah, and there's always the option of being a phone actress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you included a link. LOL. Hmm, I might be making a career move.